With Baltimore Bucks, EBT and WIC Go Further at Farmers’ Markets
The 2013 season marks the fourth year of Maryland Hunger Solutions’ Baltimore Bucks incentive project. The project aims to stretch FSP and WIC benefits, increase the customer base of local vendors, and increase low-income shoppers’ access to fresh foods.
Nine farmers’ markets in Baltimore City and two in Baltimore County are working with Maryland Hunger Solutions to increase redemption of Food Supplement Program (FSP, food stamp) benefits and WIC Fruit and Vegetable checks at partner markets. The eleven markets listed below are offering Baltimore Bucks incentives, allowing customers shopping with their WIC Fruit and Vegetable checks and/or EBT/Independence Cards to double their benefit dollars up to $5 at the market.
This project is spearheaded by Maryland Hunger Solutions and is made possible by support from the Abell Foundation, the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, Kaiser Permanente, and the Wholesome Wave Foundation.
Markets offering Baltimore Bucks incentives:
- Baltimore Farmers’ Market and Bazaar (April 7 – December 22, 2013)
Sundays 7:00 a.m. -12:00 noon
Saratoga Street at Holiday and Gay
- Druid Hill Farmers Market (June 5 – September 25, 2013)
Wednesdays 3:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
3100 Swann Drive
- Govanstowne Farmers Market (June 5 – September 11, 2013)
Wednesdays 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
5104 York Road
- Highlandtown Farmers’ Market (June 20 – October 31, 2013)
Thursdays 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
3428 Bank Street
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Farmers Market (April 25 – November 21, 2013)
Thursdays 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
1650 Orleans Street
- Park Heights Community Farmers’ Market @ Pimlico (June 19– November 27, 2013)
Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Pimlico Race Course Parking Lot, 5201 Park Heights Avenue
- State Center Community Farmers Market (June 5 – November 13, 2013)
Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
201 West Preston Street
- University Farmers Market (May 14 – November 26, 2013)
Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Plaza Park, Corner of Paca Street & Baltimore Street
- Waverly/32nd Street Farmer’s Market (open all year)
Saturdays 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
400 block of E. 32nd Street at Barclay St
- Catonsville Wednesday Farmers’ Market (May 1 – November 27, 2013)
Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Bloomsbury Community Center, 108 Bloomsbury Ave., Catonsville
- Kenilworth Market (May 7 – November 19, 2013)
Tuesdays, 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
800 Kenilworth Drive, Towson
Additional markets in Maryland accept EBT, WIC and Senior FMNP vouchers, and WIC FVC checks. Find one near you and spread the word with this brochure (pdf). Visit Eat Fresh Maryland or Maryland's Best for more information.
Contact (firstname.lastname@example.org) Maryland Hunger Solutions for more information about our Baltimore Bucks Project.