Hungry? Get Help
Food Stamps (The Food Supplement Program)
The Food Supplement Program (food stamps) is a nutrition program that helps individuals and families buy food. The program provides a monthly sum of money on an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card which is used like a debit card at grocery stores and other food stores. Apply online or call Maryland Hunger Solutions: 410-528-0021.
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) provides pregnant women, new mothers, infants and children with nutritious foods, nutrition education, and improved access to health care in order to prevent nutrition-related health problems in pregnancy, infancy and early childhood. To apply for WIC, find a location near you, or call 1-800-242-4WIC for more information.
Local Departments of Social Services
- Find a food pantry near you.
- Download a list of free food sites near you.
- Download a list of free food sites for seniors.
- Find resources in Baltimore city - English (pdf), Spanish (pdf).
- The SHARE Food Network is a buying collective that allows anyone, regardless of income, to get a package of food at about half of the retail value. Call 800.217.4273 or visit SHARE Food Network.
- Kids can get free meals in the summer – find a location here.
- Maryland Community Services Locator (MDCSL): Find approximately 9,000 health, social service and criminal justice resource programs in Maryland using this tool. The Maryland Community Services Locator can provide you with service information, maps, and driving directions to programs.