Join us for Hear the Maryland Crunch on Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 9:15 a.m. Held during National School Breakfast Week, Hear the Maryland Crunch is a fun, statewide synchronized apple crunch event to highlight the important role the School Breakfast Program plays in ensuring children have access to the healthy morning meals they need to learn and thrive in the classroom and beyond. Research shows that school breakfast helps improve academic performance and behavior and is associated with lower tardy rates and fewer absences.
Here’s how to celebrate Hear the Maryland Crunch:
- Bite into an apple.
- Take a photo and/or video of the apple crunch.
- Share it with us and others on social media using the hashtag #HeartheCrunch.
- Invite everyone you know to Hear the Maryland Crunch with you!
Additional ways to participate in Hear the Maryland Crunch:
- Encourage your local schools to move breakfast out of the cafeteria and serve it after the start of the school day to ensure that all students have access to school breakfast. Learn more in our report: Creating Healthier Students and Better Learners with the School Breakfast Program.
- Donate apples to a local school that would like to participate in Hear the Maryland Crunch.