National School Breakfast Week, March 8-12, 2021, allows students, educators, and families to celebrate school breakfast and all the benefits it provides to Maryland students, including:
- Reducing hunger and improving wellness among school-aged children;
- Improving academic performance;
- Reducing behavioral problems;
- Boosting children’s diets;
- Helping reduce obesity; and
- Allowing families to save money on groceries.
Although we recognize that school meals look very different this school year, we also recognize the hard work and dedication of school food service workers in ensuring that students receive a healthy breakfast every day, even while classes remain virtual!
That’s why on Wednesday, March 10, 2021, during National School Breakfast Week, Maryland Hunger Solutions will celebrate the benefits of school breakfast with Hear the Crunch! — an annual event where students, parents, educators, policymakers, advocates, and others in D.C. and Maryland take synchronized bites into apples in support of school breakfast.
Download virtual backgrounds, social media graphics, resources for schools, and more from our Hear the Maryland Crunch toolkit.