Benefits of School Breakfast
Research shows that children who participate in school breakfast:
- are less likely to experience food insecurity,
- are better able to learn,
- are less likely to be overweight,
- exhibit better behavior at school,
- consume a healthier overall diet,
- demonstrate improved academic performance, and
- are less likely to be late to or absent from school.
Check out the Breakfast for Learning and Breakfast for Health research briefs from the Food Research & Action Center for more information.